Wine has been considered as a royal drink for ages. During ancient times, Kings of various states named wine in their own native languages and consumed wine on all auspicious occasions like marriages and other ceremonies. As time advanced, the names of wine also changed but the process of manufacturing it remained the same. However, some changes have been made in the selection of the raw materials for making wine, but it’s basic content remained the same.
Wine is made from grapes, and the taste and texture varies upon the quality selection of the grapes. It also varies in accordance with the geographical and climatic conditions of its production place. Like all other drinks, wine too has its own merits and demerits. In this article, I will discuss some of the major pros and cons of wine. So, let’s get started.
- Wine is rich in antioxidants like resveratrol and proanthocyanidins that can dramatically improve your health.
- Wine has a high amount of fiber and can help to reduce the bad cholesterol levels of your body.
- Polyphenol present in wine can keep your heart healthy and keep your blood vessels flexible to prevent heart attack.
- Various studies and researches have shown that red wine can regulate the body’s glucose levels and help to control blood sugar in people suffering from diabetes.
- Wine can improve your immune system and protect you from bacteria and virus attack that causes common cold, fever, and skin infections.
- Researches have shown that resveratrol present in wine helps to prevent various types of cancer to a certain extent.
- Resveratrol present in wine helps to keep your brain healthy and improve your memory. It can also prevent depression.
- Wine is also known to reduce the excess fat of the body. Resveratrol present in wine helps to break down the fat content of the body cells and thus give you a perfect slim appearance.
- Wine can regulate the intestinal glands of the body and helps to remove stomach infections and keep your digestive system healthy.
- Wine is also low in alcohol content, so even if it is sometimes consumed in excessive amounts, it does not much affect your health compared to other alcoholic drinks like whiskey, rum, beer etc.
- Excessive consumption of wine can increase your body’s fat and very soon make you overweight.
- Alcohol present in wine can stress out your body and damage your liver if consumed in excess amounts.
- If you are suffering from migraines, then wine can make your condition worse.
- Immoderate consumption of wine can increase the risk of breast cancer and lung cancer.
However, before consuming wine, you have to select the right type of wine. Do some research and select the best wine for yourself. In my opinion, Sauvignon Blanc is one of the best. As you might have heard, dry wine tastes better, so, ‘Is Sauvignon Blanc a dry wine?’ The answer is ‘Yes’. It is a dry, sweet and fragrant wine. If you want to know about this wine or have doubts and questions like ‘Is Sauvignon Blanc a dry wine?’ please let me know in the comment section.