Pradhan Mantri awas Yojana is an initial taken by the government, which aims to reside poor homeless people or to facilitate those with proper electricity, gas connection, sanitation etc, who are living under poor conditioned houses.
- This Act or yojana was for the goodness of low income groups and or economically weaker sections.
- The initiator of this yojana was announced in 2015 by our Prime Minister Narendrea Modi Ji, he promised everyone to avail job and houses to all and in order to fulfill his promise, he took this initiative.
- Many other schemes like saubhagya yojana electricity connection, access to drinking water, jan dhan banking facilities, Ujjwal yojana Lpg connection, and toilets are converged in this scheme.
- Basically this scheme, Pradhan Mantri Awas yojana provides affordable housing to few sections of the country like- economically weaker section and low income groups. i.e., they are not free of cost.
History of the Programme
- This scheme; Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was established or introduced in 2015, to provide an affordable housing to urban people.
- Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme, initially 2 crore houses were proposed to be built (worth an assistance of 2 trillion INR from central government) in urban areas by year2022 (only for economically weaker sections and for low income groups of people).
- This mission or scheme considered few components; they planned an in-situ slum redevelopment with the participation of private sector using only land as resource.
- An affordable housing through a subsidy linked as credit.
- Partnership with private and public sector along with the beneficiary led to construction and enhancement in houses though affordably in this scheme.
- The assistance from central government will range from INR 1 lakh to INR 2.30 lakhs to hold all necessary components.
About the Programme
- Under the features of Pradhan Mnatri Awas Yojana, the government is going to provide an interest subsidy of 6.5 % to low income groups and to economically weaker sections and 4 % for MIG I and 3 % for MIG II on housing loans availed to the beneficiary for a period of 20 years under CLSS (Credit link Subsidy Scheme) from the start of the loan to eligible and interested candidates.
- An eco friendly technology will be used in the construction of houses lying under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. These houses will be multi leveled and the allocation of ground floors will more preferably get done to either differently abled or older citizens for their convenience.
Condition of PMAY:
- Maximum age of the beneficiary is 70 years.
- The estimated Family income for eligibility of economically weaker section (EWS) is INR 3 Lakhs per annum and INR 6 Lakhs per annum for Lower income group (LIG).
- And for Middle Income Group (MIG I) the income must be ranging from 6 lakhs to 12 Lakhs per annum and for MIG II it must be between 12 Lakhs to 18 Lakhs per annum.
- The beneficiary should not have an own dwelling unit on the name of any family member in any part of media.
- The houses under this scheme will be owned by females or jointly with males.
To know more or to apply for pm awas yojana click pmawasyojana.net.